Thursday, February 5, 2009

I do ... but I don't know why.

My son was recently the student of the week where you bring a poster about yourself with pictures, etc. He also shared about his favorite things and what he wanted to be when he grows up.

I noticed it said he wanted to be a pastor when he grows up. We then had the following conversation:

Gunny: "Do you want to be a pastor when you grow up?"

Jet: "Yes, sir."

Gunny: "Do you think it would be fun to stand up and tell people about Jesus and about the Bible?"

Jet: "No sir, I don't think that would be fun."

Gunny: [now puzzled] "Well, what is it about being a pastor that you think you would like?"

Jet: "Hmm. I don't know."

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess he wants to be a pastor merely because his dad is one. I thought to myself, "It's a good thing I'm not a hatchet murderer."

Well, it was just another reminder of how important our example can be to our children, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment