Saturday, April 11, 2009

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

It's not uncommon for the question of "Easter" eggs and bunnies and their legitimacy in the church to come up. It often gets rather heated in the process.

2 things I've shared in response to Facebook friends.

Timothy Hammons asked,
"How in the world did we get from a empty tomb to brightly colored eggs, sun dresses, cards, streamers, chocolate bunnies, Easter bonnets,... etc?"

As a kid, I did hunt eggs and all that, but had absolutely no clue as to the resurrection of Jesus. In my case, at least, the other stuff eclipsed Jesus.


My sister, Brandi, shared the following:
the Easter Bunny died on the basket so we could be forgiven of all our easter egg hunts.

We've never done the eggs or bunnies with our kids, but with my inquisitive kids it may have been quite interesting had we done so.

"Dad, why do we color eggs and eat chocolate bunnies?"

"Well, Jesus died on the cross to pay for sin and rose again. That's why."


I'm sure they'd call me out on that non sequitor in record time.

No comments:

Post a Comment