Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?

In an era of the high speed video games (e.g., Wii, X-Box 93, etc.) and a myriad of television options, I'm inclined to think today's children grow up missing out on one of the fondest aspects of my childhood: Board games.

So, for you kids out there ...
Gunny's Top 10 Board Games:
  1. Chess
  2. Axis & Allies
  3. Backgammon
  4. Risk
  5. The Game of LIFE
  6. Stratego
  7. Monopoly
  8. Trivial Pursuit
  9. Scrabble
  10. Battletech
After review, I realize my Top 10 may be daunting for some younger ones, so I'd suggest the following 5 primers before you're ready for the big leagues:
  1. Candyland
  2. Chutes & Ladders
  3. Sorry
  4. Checkers
  5. Chinese Checkers
Others you'd suggest? Different order?

No comments:

Post a Comment