Wednesday, November 21, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things.

A while back Stephanie "tagged" me with this whammie, but I just finally got around to handling up on my business.

It's been almost 5 months, but some of these are harder questions than others.


1. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 10 YEARS AGO?
Earliers in '97 I had been ordained and was serving as the associate pastor of a SBC church. I was in my last year of seminary, writing a thesis on "Seeking in the Evangelism of Jonathan Edwards." Mary Ellen and I had no children yet and were trying to decide between going the pastoral ministry route or in the direction of the more academic, so I was candidating a bit and had put in an application at Oxford University.


2. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 1 YEAR AGO?
Serving as the pastor of Providence Church, a plant in Garland, Texas, and bemoaning the state of Aggie football.


3. FIVE SNACKS YOU ENJOY.
BBQ Ruffles; peanuts; beef jerkey; Chili Cheese Fritos; and ice cream (Blue Bell, the best ice cream in the country).


4. FIVE SONGS YOU KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO.
A Mighty Fortress Is Our God; How Great Thou Art; Be Thou My Vision; To God Be the Glory; and The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.


5. FIVE THINGS YOU’D DO IF YOU WERE A MILLIONAIRE.
Build Providence Church its own building; Buy some land for future family residence; upgrade to a Harley Heritage; Put in a pool and invite all of you over to celebrate with catering done by White Castle; and adopt a slew of overseas orphans.


6. FIVE BAD HABITS.
Waiting until the day after my inspection expires to renew so I can get an extra month; Leaving stacks of cag on my desk; Staying up too late; Eating competitively, always needing to get my money's worth at the buffet; and uh ... seeing as how this post took me so long, procrastination has to make the list.


7. FIVE THINGS YOU LIKE DOING.
Watching sports (e.g., Cardinals, Cowboys, Aggies, Mighty Lakers, Little Mavericks, Stars), particularly with my son; Riding my Harley; Swimming with the kids; Doing missions work in Deutschland; and Going to church with my family.


8. FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD NEVER WEAR AGAIN.
Members-Only jacket; Thick, brightly colored shoes laces with my Nike high-tops; Bikini swim trunks; High school letter jacket or ring; and a Tail (how many of you know what I'm talking about?).


I believe I'm supposed to "tag" some other bloggers to "entertain" us as well. I'll tag Lance, Rev, Brent, Matt, and Jay the Bennett.


If you lads would post a link to your response in the comments section it would be greatly appreciated. And it better not take you 5 months to handle up either!

*However, if you're a reader and/or comment-er, I'd certainly be interested in your responses to any and/or all of the above items.*

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment