Thursday, December 13, 2007

My place is with you. I go where you go.

Just some thoughts on the need for God's presence in our lives, our need to walk with God.

(N.B. That's our need to walk with God; He has no such "need.")


"Abide With Me"

Abide with me! fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide!
When other helpers fail, and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see:
O Thou who changest not, abide with me!

- Henry Francis Lyte (1793-1847)


"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in you"
-Augustine, Confessions


He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
-Micah 6:8 (ESV)

Sometimes it's just that simple and it's simply just what we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment