Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Good relations with the Wookies, I have.

Mark Driscoll's use of Yoda-ese (Trinity: God Is) motivated me to share with you ...

Some pearls of wisdom from Master Yoda.

When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.

Already know you that which you need.

A Jedi's strength flows from the force.

Grave danger you are in. Impatient you are.

Blind we are, if creation of this clone army we could not see.

May the force be with you.

There... is... another... Sky... walker

Strong am I with the force.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing.

Agree with you the council does. Your apprentice Skywalker will be.

Around the survivors a perimeter create.

Help you I can, yes.

Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.

Always in motion is the future.

[sarcastically] Ohhh! Great warrior! Wars not make one great!

Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.

Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.

Do not underestimate the powers of the emperor, or suffer your father's fate, you will.

You will know when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.

Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.

Not if anything to say about it I have.

The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.

Feel the force!

Yes, a Jedi's strength flows from the force. But beware of the dark side. Anger... fear... aggression. The dark side of the force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice.

The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader.

Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.

Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Not victory , Obi-Wan. The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun, this Clone War has.

Pain, suffering, death I feel. Something terrible has happened. Young Skywalker is in pain. Terrible pain.

Stopped they must be; on this all depends. Only a fully-trained Jedi Knight, with the force as his ally, will conquer Vader and his emperor.

Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
Yoda: No, there is another.

Already know you that which you need.

Named must your fear be before banish it you can.

Strong is Vader. Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.

Luke: What's in there?
Yoda: Only what you take with you.

Luke: I can’t believe it.
Yoda: That is why you fail.

Much to learn you still have.

No comments:

Post a Comment