Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tough guys don't do math. Tough guys fry chicken for a living.

Contrary to what you might think, we send our children to (heathen) public elementary school.

We've actually dabbled with a Christian private school, but found it a less appealing option for a variety of reasons. So far, we've had very few complaints and have been blessed with great teachers and principals.

Yet, I do have a complaint. What's up with my kids having homework and repeatedly having to cover stuff like how to get out of our house during a fire or how to identify hazards in our home, etc.?

Apparently, per my wife, they also teach bicycle safety and how to brush your teeth.

Teach them academic stuff, for crying out loud. I can teach my kids stop, drop, and roll.

Am I wrong or overreacting here?

No comments:

Post a Comment