Tuesday, May 6, 2008

For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman."

An open letter to the "classic rock" radio stations in Dallas (and worldwide) ...

To the Andy Travis of your station,

The following are my top 3 classic rock "beat down" songs. These are songs that either whip me in their own right or have attained beat down status from overexposure.
  1. The Boys Are Back in Town, Thin Lizzy
  2. I Heard It through the Grapevine, Creedence Clearwater Revival
  3. Old Time Rock & Roll, Bob Seger
Please never play these again. Also, in the comments section others may post their top "classic rock beat down" songs, so stand apprised of them as well.

Also, please tell your respective Dr. Johnny Fevers and Venus Flytraps I said, "More rock, less talk."

Lastly, I would like to hear more from the following:
  1. Journey
  2. REO Speedwagon
  3. Electric Light Orchestra
  4. Steve Miller Band
  5. Seals & Croft
  6. Bread
  7. Chicago
  8. Sugarloaf
  9. Atlanta Rhythm Section
  10. The Guess Who
  11. The Who (other than just Pinball Wizard)
  12. Bill Withers (though perhaps not "classic" classic rock)
  13. My Sharona, by The Knack
Rockin' on,
Gunny

P.S. Contrary to what you might hear, Foghat's Slow Ride needs to stay in the rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment