Saturday, September 19, 2009

Forget about sports as a profession. Sports make ya grunt and smell.

While the Cowboys are still undefeated and in 1st place in the NFC East, I thought I'd share this.

Last fall, one of the local channels featured their 10 Greatest Cowboys:
10 Don Meredith
9 Mel Renfro
8 Rayfield Wright
7 Randy White
6 Michael Irvin
5 Tony Dorsett
4 Bob Lilly
3 Emmitt Smith
2 Troy Aikman
1 Roger Staubach


They also shared the fans' top 10 (in alphabetical order).
  • Troy Aikman
  • Cliff Harris
  • Harvey Martin
  • Don Meredith
  • Drew Pearson
  • Mel Renfro
  • Emmitt Smith
  • Roger Staubach
  • Everson Walls
  • Randy White

To that I would like to share my FAVORITE Cowboys:
  1. Tom Landry*
  2. Randy White
  3. Troy Aikman
  4. Bill Bates
  5. Roger Staubach
  6. Tony Dorsett
  7. Michael Irvin
  8. Chad Hennings
  9. Darren Woodson
  10. Drew Pearson
Forget whatever else you hear. My list is the right one.

* I know the great Tom Landry wasn't actually a Cowboys player, but he was the face of the franchise for decades and my favorite Cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment