Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Missed A Lot

Been quite busy and missed out on a lot here.

I missed Wilson insulting President Obama by accusing him of lying.

I missed Kayne insulting Taylor Swift.

I missed the President insulting Kayne West (off the record, of course).

I missed many other things the past few weeks.

But, I have not missed hearing ANY Democrat stating that Tort Reform should be a part of President Obama’s dream legislation, reforming healthcare for Main Street USA.

Of course, lawyers and attorney firms are huge contributors and lobbyists (primarily to the Dems) so any hope of Tort Reform (which is one of the major reasons – if not the major reason – for increased healthcare costs) seems like a pipe dream.

And I didn’t miss the just introduced legislation by Senator Baucus and his $856 Billion proposal for said healthcare reform.

While I do have to admit the price tag is a bit less than others that have been proposed, I still have ZERO confidence in government projections.

Why?

Because if the government does not accurately predict revenues, or if expenses are higher than they thought (which is most generally the case), our friendly government just comes back to Main Street USA and levies more taxes, whether they be income, sales, consumption or the like.

And government even wants to have the power to fine a person who does not have health insurance.

What better way to make sure that in the not-to-distant future there will only be government health care.

Government-owned banks. Government-owned car companies. Government-run (controlled) healthcare. What is next?

Can private enterprise survive?

Before I close I would like to see the exact portion(s) of the healthcare reform bills being proposed stating emphatically, word for word, with no loopholes, that only American citizens would be eligible for healthcare in their reform.

Not that I do not believe President Obama, but I do need reassurance.


After all, if I recall correctly, the Las Vegas healthcare industry currently serves (for free) many many non-citizens. (Although we all know that taxpayers are ultimately paying for that service in one way or another.) Does our current reform mean that will stop? Food for thought…

Over For Now.

Main Street One

No comments:

Post a Comment