Saturday, January 26, 2008

First rule of Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club. Second rule of Fight Club, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

I don't know if you noticed, but hockey season has started up. I took the kids to a game and we were blessed with a fight as the silver lining in a Stars loss.

My oldest daughter asked me, "Why are they fighting" and "Why do they let them fight?"

I tried to explain that it was part of the game. They'll have to serve some penalty time, but it's a good way for the goons to keep the other team honest and to get your own team motivated.

You know ... it's kind of hard to explain why they allow fighting in hockey and in no other sport of its kind. But I did try.

I'm not sure she understood it all, but I'm glad they allow fighting in hockey. I know some would love to see it done away with, but I'm not one of them.

Incidentally, here is a neat resource: HockeyFights.com (HT Tony)

Here are a few selections for your viewing pleasure:

Grant Marshall of the Stars (in white) is "giving the business" to Kelly Buchberger of the Edmonton Oilers. Get sum!


This next one is a beauty. It's hard to enjoy anything more than the Avalance & Red Wings pounding on each other. But in this one you also get a rare treat, the goalies squaring off. Patrick Roy vs. Chris Osgood. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment