Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Never apologize and never explain -- it's a sign of weakness.

Fred is dropping out of the presidential race.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. He's not placed well in the primaries, never doing better than the bronze medal.

He had shown such great promise.
"Poll averages showed he went from second place nationally in early September to fifth this week."

I would have liked to have seen him campaign harder, but competition among the candidates for the same group of voters (i.e., evangelicals) likely didn't help him any.

I'm concerned for the GOP as I no longer see a conservative in the bunch, save Ron Paul, but he's finished ever worse than Fred.

Thanks for exploring the possibility, Fred.

What's next for Fred?
"As for Thompson’s future, there has been speculation he could be angling for vice president."


P.S. From Fred himself:
"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."

No comments:

Post a Comment