Tuesday, March 11, 2008

That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over.

In the church mail today was a tract, one of those "Good News & Bad News" types.

The cover art was attractive, so I thought I'd check it out.

Early on I read this:
"Because of our sin, we have earned eternal separation from the God who created us. This is the bad news."

I thought, "If I was a non-Christian, would I think this was bad news?"

Honestly, would a non-Christian (i.e., one who hates God) really care that he/she doesn't get to hang out with God?

"Eternal separation from God" is almost as impotent as a "Christ-less eternity."

Non-Christian, let me speak the truth in love (Eph 4:15) ...

The "Bad News" is that you stand under the wrath of a holy God because of your sin(fulness) and apart from having God's anger appeased by Christ's work on the cross for you, which happens through faith alone in Him, you will endure an eternity in hell, where God is not absent, but rather afflicts you with His wrath forever more.

Now THAT is bad news.

No comments:

Post a Comment