Friday, March 25, 2011

Ken Jeong's DOTM Role

At about this time last year, we learned that Ken Jeong was going to be in Transformers: Dark of the Moon but we never learned the details on the part. CraveOnline was able to corner the comedian and find out absolutely ...nothing except that it is a small role. I suspect his role is something simliar to Rainn Wilson's in the second movie, a kind of brief comic relief for Shia to bounce off of. The TF3 portion of the interview is below, the rest can be found here as he discusses Community and Hangover 2.

CraveOnline: Do you get a cool role in Transformers 3?
Ken Jeong: Yeah, it’s a small role in Transformers but yeah. I had an out of body experience working on that one because I just couldn’t believe I was [there]. Still, that was not a thing where oh, I’m going to be a part of a blockbuster franchise like Transformers 3 or even now Hangover 2 for that matter. So I can’t believe I’m a part of these franchises in any way. It was amazing. Michael Bay is brilliant and it’ll blow your mind.

CraveOnline: I’ve been on Michael Bay sets including Transformers 1. He keeps things so riled up, I see how it can be misconstrued, but it’s high energy.
Ken Jeong: He doesn’t like things to wait and neither do I. You want to keep moving, you want to keep the pace, you want to keep the energy. That I respond to because Todd’s like that too. Because you want that comedic energy to stay fresh. Especially on movies when there’s huge budgets and huge effects, you worry about spontaneity being lost. Yeah, Michael Bay just kept everything going.

No comments:

Post a Comment