Monday, December 13, 2010

It's over, Anakin; I have the high ground.

I've never actually got up and walked out on a movie, though I've been tempted many times. But, I was never so close to leaving in disgust as when watching Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. That's the one where Anakin becomes Darth Vader and the bridge is made between Attack of the Clones (II) and A New Hope (IV).

I can vividly still remember the exact point in the movie, because I still cringe when I encounter it. I checked out when Obi Wan exclaimed, "It's over, Anakin; I have the high ground."

While I was ranting about this again at Whataburger, Cody Dixon came across another blog post feeling my pain.

The blogger does a nice job of examining all the evidence for and against having the high ground in battle. The results might surprise you. For example, "Yoda vs. Sidious : Sidious vs. Luke : Vader vs. Luke ...They all had the high ground but lost!!!!!!"

This is but one of my criticisms of inconsistency of the series, but it's the biggest groaner, even trumping Obi Wan's, "So, what I said was true ... from a certain point of view" in Return of the Jedi (VI). But, of course, only a Sith deals in absolutes. (HT Obi Wan)

Read the entire post: The High Ground?!....Really!?

Watch Obi Wan jump the shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment